Sunday, February 5, 2012

Finally home.

I'm writing this from my car (I can pick up my house's wi-fi signal all the way from the garage, apparently). Arrived earlier today. As soon as I got here I tried calling Kevin. No answer. I was trying to convince myself that he's just ignoring me, but after what happened with Carol I was starting to fear the worst.

I left no messages. I wanna keep a low profile while I'm here. I don't know if there's any proxies around and I would rather not find out. I decided to call another friend, Steve. Him and I usually went hunting together. I told him I was back for a brief period of time, and asked him to meet me in a small restaurant in the outskirts of town, near my house.

I met him about an hour later. We chatted for a while. He asked me where I had been, what I had been doing. I, of course, lied and told him I had gone to visit some family while I sorted things out. Then I asked him if anything interesting had happened while I was gone.

Oh boy, did something interesting happen.

Apparently Carol went missing about a month ago, so did Kevin, and so did so many other people. Remember that little girl I told you about? Carol? Hell, might as well call her by her real name, Stacie. She had a brother. Alexander. The poor guy shot himself a couple of weeks after she was found dead. I didn't know him very well, but he seemed fairly nice. Also, all of the hunters that came back from the woods are dead now. All murdered in one night. No evidence, no witnesses.

After our little chat, I thanked Steve for everything. We said our goodbyes and promised to keep in touch after I left.

I wish I could keep that promise.

Now I'm just sitting here typing this out. My battery is running low. Better turn my laptop off before it dies on me. I think I might go for a walk afterwards...

Wait, no, this place is plagued with trees. I can't go outside, not in the dark...

I guess I'm stuck in my car for the night then.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment